Olivier Rousteing revealed in an Instagram post about being hospitalized after a fireplace exploded in his home last year.
RELATED STORIES: Balmain And PUMA Collab To Release A Unisex Boxing-Inspired Collection
The Balmain designer opened up to his 7 million followers who showed concern after he uploaded a picture of himself covered in bandages. He writes in the caption, “I’ve been hiding this for too long and it’s time for you to know. Exactly a year ago, the fireplace inside my house exploded. I woke up the next morning in Paris’ Hôpital Saint Louis. To be honest, I am not really sure why I was so ashamed,” he continued. “Maybe this obsession with perfection that fashion is known for and my own insecurities.”
Rousteing said he would hide his scars and bruises with face masks, turtle necks, and long sleeve shirts.
RELATED STORIES: Woman Hospitalized After Experiencing Hallucinations From Venomous Spider Bite On Her Lip
“And I truly realized that the power of social media is to reveal only what you want to show. Kind of allowing us to create our own special narrative that avoids what we do not wish to see or show: this is our new world.”
The designer’s post received support from fans and celebrity fans. In addition to his message, he says he is thankful for seeing another day after dealing with the aftermath of the explosion.
“Today, I feel so free, so good and so lucky. I’m beginning a new chapter with a smile on my face and a heart full of gratitude.”
SOURCE: TOO FAB