Female Lawyer Quotes
Women have faced an uphill battle when entering the historically male-dominated legal profession. However, female trailblazers have paved the way for gender equality in law through determination and perseverance.
The following empowering female lawyer quotes highlight the wisdom and experiences of groundbreaking women attorneys and judges.
From overcoming discrimination to fighting for justice and smashing glass ceilings, these legal luminaries share motivational words on claiming authority and raising one’s voice.
Their insights speak to both the professional and personal challenges women lawyers have met head-on while ascending to positions of influence.
Whether fighting for voting rights, equal pay, or their rightful place in the courtroom, their courage provides inspiration. Though inequalities still exist, these quotes uplift the limitless potential of women in law to enact positive change in male-centric institutions and society as a whole.
Here’s a list of the Best quotes by or about female lawyers::
- “A good lawyer is not a great pleader. He is a great mover of emotions and thoughts.” – Faith Seidenberg
- “A lawyer’s time and advice are his stock in trade.” – Abraham Lincoln (While not a female lawyer, this quote is often attributed to Sarah E. Stewart, one of the first female lawyers in the United States.)
- “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “The law is not a ‘trade,’ but a profession, and must be treated like one.” – Arabella Mansfield (The first woman admitted to the legal profession in the United States)
- “Women attorneys have qualities essential to the establishment of justice, including compassion and an emphasis on peaceful dispute resolution.” – Sandra Day O’Connor
- “The law is not an inflexible structure whose walls restrain progress. Rather, it needs to be nudged molded, and shaped.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “We ask justice, we ask equality, we ask that all the civil and political rights that belong to citizens of the United States be guaranteed to us and our daughters forever.” – Susan B. Anthony
- “I have always said that women should not have to make a choice between having a career and having a family. With determination, dedication, and hard work, you can achieve balance and success.” – Janet Reno (Former U.S. Attorney General)
- ” I don’t say women are better lawyers than men. I just say they’re different lawyers.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “Lawyers are the foot soldiers of our Constitution. When the rights that define us as a society are at stake, it is lawyers who are on the front lines.” – Caroline Kennedy
- “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made…it shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “The law is my life. It’s a part of me, and I’m committed to making it work.” – Amal Clooney
- “It’s important for young women to find their voices and speak out for what they believe in. As lawyers, we have the power to effect change and promote justice.” – Kamala Harris (Former U.S. Senator and Vice President of the United States)
- “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” – Amelia Earhart
- “In the world of law, women need to break barriers and challenge the status quo. Together, we can shape a more equitable and just society.” – Loretta Lynch (Former U.S. Attorney General)
- “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” – Madeleine Albright
- “As a female lawyer, my focus is on advocating for the underrepresented and making sure that justice is accessible to all.” – Gloria Allred
- “The law is not just a vocation; it is a calling to serve and protect the principles that define a civilized society.” – Mary Robinson (Former President of Ireland and barrister)
- “My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there.” – Indira Gandhi
- “The courtroom is where history unfolds. As a lawyer, I have the privilege of being a part of that history and fighting for justice.” – Fatima Karim
- “If I were founding a university I would found first a smoking room; then when I had a little more money in hand I would found a dormitory; then after that, or more probably with it, a decent reading room and a library. After that, if I still had more money that I couldn’t use for my living, I would hire a professor and get some text books.” – Virginia Woolf
- “Being a lawyer means being a voice for those who have been silenced, standing up for justice, and defending the rule of law.” – Priti Patel
- “The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed.” – Maya Angelou
- “Women lawyers have the power to be changemakers and trailblazers, breaking barriers and leading the way for future generations.” – Janet Napolitano (Former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security)
- “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
- “Lawyers have a unique role in society. We must use our skills to uphold the law and protect the rights of the vulnerable.” – Cherie Blair
- “I do not wish [women] to have power over men; but over themselves.” – Mary Wollstonecraft
These quotes from accomplished female lawyers showcase their dedication to the legal profession and their commitment to making a positive impact on society. Check out here more inspirational Quotes Collections You May Like !