Famous Rumi Quotes
Rumi, a 13th-century Persian poet, and mystic, stands as a timeless beacon of spiritual wisdom and poetic brilliance. His words have transcended centuries, traversing cultural boundaries and touching the hearts of people from all walks of life.
With a profound understanding of human emotions and a keen insight into the mysteries of existence, Rumi’s poetry continues to inspire, uplift, and resonate with audiences around the world.
In this collection of famous quotes by Rumi, we embark on a journey through the depths of his poetic genius. Each line is a doorway to profound contemplation, encouraging us to explore the beauty of love, the transformative power of inner awakening, and the profound connection between humanity and the divine.
Rumi’s verses transcend mere literary expressions; they delve into the realms of spirituality, encouraging seekers to look within and embrace the essence of their being.
Here is a list of famous quotes by Rumi:
- “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”
- “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
- “Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth.”
- “What you seek is seeking you.”
- “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
- “As you start to walk on the way, the way appears.”
- “The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.”
- “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
- “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
- “The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.”
- “Be empty of worrying. Think of who created thought! Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?”
- “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
- “Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.”
- “Ignore those that make you fearful and sad. That plagues their hearts and not yours.”
- “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”
- “Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others’ faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear.”
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”
- “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”
- “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.”
- “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.”
- “Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.”
- “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
- “Love comes with a knife, not some shy question, and not with fears for its reputation!”
- “The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.”
- “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
- ‘Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself.”
- “Dance, when you’re broken open. Dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you’re perfectly free.”
- “Wherever you stand, be the soul of that place.”
- “The wound is where the light enters you.”
- “Silence is the language of God, all else is poor translation.”
- “We rarely hear the inward music, but we’re all dancing to it nevertheless.”
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
- “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.”
Rumi’s words continue to touch the depths of the human soul, inviting us to reflect on love, life, and the mysteries of existence. His wisdom transcends time, and his poetry remains a timeless source of inspiration and spiritual guidance for generations to come. Check out here for more Quotes by Authors, Poets, and thinkers.