Quotes from the Book Braving the Wilderness
In Brené Brown’s inspirational book Braving the Wilderness, Brené Brown provides thought-provoking insights on belonging, connection, and what it means to be human.
Her words offer guidance for those seeking to foster personal growth, cultivate self-acceptance, and create meaningful bonds with others.
These quotes capture the essence of embracing your true self, building community, and having the courage to chart your own path even when it means venturing into unfamiliar territory. Brown encourages us to let go of the pressure to fit in and instead live authentically, which in turn ignites our sense of purpose.
If you are looking to revitalize your life’s journey, reflect on these motivational quotes which urge us to remain curious, vulnerable, and mindful as we navigate the wilderness within and around us.
Here are some personal development quotes from the book Braving the Wilderness by Brené Brown:
- “True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are. It requires you to be who you are.”
- “If we want to make things better, we need to be curious enough to engage with people for whom change is scary.”
- “Belonging starts with self-acceptance.”
- “Belonging is the innate human desire to be part of something larger than us.”
- “Fitting in and belonging are not the same thing.”
- “You are only free when you realize you belong no place — you belong every place.”
- “Joy comes to us in moments – ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.”
- “Our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance.”
- “I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued.”
- “If we want to reignite our sense of shared humanity, we need to find our way back to watering holes.”
- “In a culture of fitting in, resilience is a revolutionary act.”
- “Belonging doesn’t mean that you have to change who you are to fit in. Belonging means being somewhere where who you are is valued – you belong there.”
- “The wilderness is an untamed, unpredictable place of solitude and searching. It is a place as dangerous as it is breathtaking.”
- “To love people, and to be loved, we have to know vulnerability and acceptance.”
- “Belonging is being part of something bigger – but belonging still requires authenticity.”
- “Vulnerability is not winning or losing; it’s having the courage to show up and be seen when we have no control over the outcome.”
- “Belonging so fully to yourself that you’re willing to stand alone is a wilderness – an untamed, unpredictable place of solitude and searching.”
- “Stop walking through the world looking for confirmation that you don’t belong. You will always find it because you’ve made that your mission.”
- “Don’t shrink. Don’t puff up. Stand on your sacred ground.”
- “People are hard to hate close up. Move in.”
- “You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness.”
- “If we’re going to change what’s happening in a meaningful way we’re going to need to intentionally be with people who are different from us.”
- “Sometimes the most dangerous thing for kids is the silence that allows them to construct their own stories – stories that almost always cast them as alone and unworthy of love and belonging.”
- “To be spiritual is to be courageous.”
- “People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
I hope these quotes will give you inspiration and wisdom for personal growth and self-discovery. Check out here more inspirational quotes collections by authors.