It is now every week since shares have been final buying and selling in Moscow, and it appears the shutdown is ready to proceed.
The Moscow Change will stay closed for the fifth right now, marking the longest market closure within the nation’s historical past. Officers mentioned there might be no buying and selling till not less than subsequent Wednesday.
It comes as Russia’s central financial institution desperately makes an attempt to stave off monetary collapse within the wake of a wave of western sanctions.
Russian corporations listed in London misplaced 90pc of their worth earlier than being suspended.
5 issues to start out your day
1) Monetary armageddon looms as traders look ahead to Moscow’s ‘uninvestable’ inventory market to reopen Analyst toasts “demise” of the Russian capital as a buying and selling hub on stay tv
2) Former power minister clings on at firm backed by sanctioned Russian oligarch Lord Barker remains to be government chairman of EN+, the aluminium big part-owned by Oleg Deripaska
3) Russia’s Lukoil breaks ranks by telling Putin to finish struggle in Ukraine Russia’s second-largest oil firm requires “rapid cessation of the armed battle”
4) Bitcoin faces day of reckoning as oligarchs race to rescue their money The West fears Russian oligarchs will dodge sanctions by placing their cash into digital cash
5) Russian planes and rockets danger being grounded by Lloyd’s of London ban Ban forces Russia to halt area launches or make them with out cowl
What occurred in a single day
Asian shares and the euro slumped on Friday after information of a hearth close to a Ukraine nuclear facility following combating with Russian forces heightened investor fears concerning the escalating battle and despatched oil costs greater.
MSCI’s broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares excluding Japan tumbled as a lot as 1.6pc to 585.5, the bottom degree since November 2020, taking the year-to-date losses to 7pc.
Inventory markets throughout Asia have been in a sea of purple, with Japan dropping 2.5pc, South Korea 1.1pc, China 0.8pc and Hong Kong 2.5pc, whereas commodities-heavy Australia was down 0.6pc.
Arising right now
- Company: Hammerson, Morgan Superior Supplies (full-year outcomes)
- Economics: Building PMI (UK), retail gross sales (EU), nonfarm payrolls (US), unemployment price (US), common hourly earnings (US), labour pressure participation price (US)